Seminar on Electronic Procurement - An opportunity to provide feedback on Commission projects
from 09:30 AM to 04:00 PM
What is it about?
The objectives of the Seminar are:
- Present the non-legislative work carried out by DG MARKT in the area of e-procurement.
- Discuss the results of this work with participants and receive their feedback.
During the seminar, participants will have the opportunity to provide feedback and influence the results of the 3 initiatives below:
- Study on e-procurement measurement: The study will first present an in-depth analysis of the e-procurement landscape in the EU 27 Member States; it will then design a comparable set of indicators in order to monitor e-procurement take-up and performance in the EU and test them in a trial with a sample of e-procurement platforms (More information).
What you can learn: How to transform data into business intelligence useful to monitor your performance and share it; how e-procurement is developing in each Member State.
An example of what you can tell us: Are we discussing the right indicators? Can a network for exchange of performance information be implemented in the EU? How? Are you interested to join the e-procurement measurement trial?
- Golden Book: The study is analysing in depth 30 electronic platforms used for public procurement in the EU. The report, the "Golden book of e-procurement", will present good practices in the area of e-procurement but also practices that should be avoided. These practices are aimed at helping public administrations and software developers to improve their systems. Good and bad practices take into account, amongst other criteria, the needs of SMEs and cross-border suppliers when using an e-procurement platform. The "Golden book" report will only endorse the good practices; it will not rank or evaluate the e-Procurement platforms being used as a sample for this analysis. (More information)
What you can learn: Current good practice in the area of e-procurement; practices to be avoided.
An example of what you can tell us: Are there other success factors to be considered? What other practices need to be given more attention?
- Expert Group on e-tendering (e-TEG): The expert group will present recommendations targeted at contracting authorities, policy makers or software developers that aim at simplifying the way e-procurement is conducted, particularly for SMEs and cross-border suppliers. (More information)
What you can learn: Find out what experts on e-procurement recommend to simplify the way e-procurement is conducted.
An example of what you can tell us: How relevant are the recommendations? How can they best be implemented? Are there any missing relevant areas/topics?
The documents available above are an advanced draft of the reports, released for the purpose of discussion within the seminar. Please note that these deliverables might still be changed, also to reflect feedback from participants.
To ensure a constructive meeting, we invite all participants to read the results of these 3 projects before attending the seminar. We also invite you to send your comments and the questions you would like to raise during the seminar at MARKT-EPROC-CONF@ec.europa.eu (Comments maximum 2 pages, questions maximum half a page).
Who should attend?
The seminar is aimed at:
- suppliers using e-procurement;
- contracting authorities or central purchasing bodies using e-procurement;
- e-procurement system/software developers;
- service providers in the area of e-business.
The meeting will address business, technical, operational issues and is not targeted to policy representatives.
When and where?
When: Friday 14 December 2012. Registration will start at 8.30. The seminar programme will run from 9.30 to 16.00.
Where: Albert Borschette Conference Centre, Room AB-OD, rue Froissart 36, Brussels.
How to attend?
If you would like to attend the seminar, please complete the on-line questionnaire via this link.
The seminar organisers will aim to confirm registration of selected participants as soon as possible.
You will receive a computer-generated acknowledgement immediately after you have completed the on-line questionnaire and, at a later date, those selected will receive an invitation to participate by email.
Please note that completing the online questionnaire does not yet mean that you can definitely participate, as eachregistration will have to be confirmed by the organisers. Indeed to ensure a balanced participation from all stakeholders, participation in the seminar will be strictly by invitation at the discretion of the organisers.
What are the practical arrangements?
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation will be provided from and into English, French, and German.
Costs: Participation in the seminar is free of charge. However, the organisers will NOT be able to reimburse participants for their travel, lunch/dinner and accommodation expenses.
If you have any questions about the seminar, please email: MARKT-EPROC-CONF@ec.europa.eu